Michael Copeland’s latest essay concerns the horrendous ignorance of Western leaders on the issue of Islam.
The Negligence of Western Leaders
by Michael Copeland
Western leaders have uttered a catalogue of statements about Islam, many of them with a traceable connection to the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Islam is peace. — George W. Bush
- Let’s be clear: Islam is not our adversary. Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people and have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism. — Hillary Clinton
- Authentic Islam and the proper reading of the Koran are opposed to every form of violence. — Pope Francis
- The Koran is a book of peace. — Mr. Justice Haddon-Cave
- At the root of the crisis lies a radicalized and politicized view of Islam. An ideology that distorts and warps Islam’s true message. — Tony Blair
- This is not our war against Islam. This is a war fought by extremists who pervert the true faith of Islam. — Tony Blair
- There is NOTHING in Islam that justifies this truly dreadful act. — David Cameron
- …it is a poisonous ideology of Islamist extremism that is condemned by all faiths and by all faith leaders. — David Cameron
- It is an ideology that is a perversion of Islam. — Theresa May
- There are LOTS of churches in Saudi Arabia! — Leader of Worcester City Council
Every one of these statements is wrong, wrong, wrong. Alas, many of them, repeatedly publicised, have become widely known and uncritically accepted.
George W. Bush was duped by the Muslim Brotherhood front group, CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations. They had craftily invited him to a mosque to feed him the false narrative that “Islam is peace”. This untrue assertion, obligingly read to the camera from a script by Bush in his best person-to-person-sincerity mode, was widely parroted by other leaders for years afterwards — complete with reverential hushed tones.
It was, however, a deception all along. “Using deception to mask intended goals” is one of the Muslim Brotherhood’s strategies, as set out in their secret Explanatory Memorandum, captured in a police raid a few years later. Islam authorises deception in the cause of Islam: it has the Arabic name taqiyya. The “Islam is peace” lie was a masterpiece of strategic propaganda. It has run and run.
Hillary Clinton was closely advised by Huma Abedin, herself and her parents linked with Muslim Brotherhood operatives.
The utterances by Blair, Cameron and May (not one of whom is trained in Islam) very probably express the deliberate misinformation supplied by their “advisor”, smooth-talking serial liar Tariq Ramadan, grandson and devotee of Muslim Brotherhood co-founder, Hassan al Banna. This same Tariq “Us versus Them” Ramadan said to an audience of Muslims:
“Tell the infidels in public we respect your laws and your constitutions, which we Muslims believe that these are as worthless as the paper they are written on.”
Allow Lt. Col. Allen West to give the truth to Blair, Cameron and May:
“This is not a perversion. They are doing EXACTLY what this book says.”
The Pope is the Pope Without Hope, promulgating his fantasy version of Islam, a subject in which he has no training.
English judges and lawyers are chiefly remarkable for their wrong statements about Islam, the product of erroneous assumptions and lack of research into this subject, on which they, too, have received no training.
The honest gaffe that “There are LOTS of churches in Saudi Arabia” (where no churches are permitted), while made by a City Council Leader, is probably shared by millions of Westerners, who are not sufficiently interested in religion to research it. The public have a Learning Curve to climb.
That the public should have much to learn is one thing. For politicians, leaders and judges to propagate these untrue statements is much more serious: it is negligence.
For previous essays by Michael Copeland, see the Michael Copeland Archives.