I reported last weekend on the meat cleaver mujahid who attacked and seriously wounded two people outside the former offices of the magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris. Initially said to be an “unaccompanied minor”, it turns out that the would-be shahid is quite a bit older than the age stated on his forged identity papers.
MissPiggy has translated two articles about the incident from the German-language press. Note that under the perp’s real name, the case has a Mohammed Coefficient of 100%.
First, from the Austrian daily Kronen Zeitung:
False Identity — Islamist assassin of Paris lied about age
September 28, 2020
In connection with last week’s Islamist-inspired knife attack in Paris, in which two journalists were seriously injured, investigators have apparently seized exciting evidence on the main suspect’s mobile phone.
The man, who officially came to France as an unaccompanied minor refugee, is said to have lied about his age and assumed a false identity. He is thought not to be 18, but 25 years old.
The investigation is said to have taken a major step forward three days after Friday’s Islamist terrorist attack with the discovery of the attacker’s likely real name. According to a report in Le Monde newspaper, the man sent a video to two people, including a woman, in which he spoke of being “on the way to the Prophet.”
Authorities know the main suspect is Hassan Ali, who was born in 2002 and is believed to be just 18 years old. According to an identity document found by the police on his mobile phone, however, the real name of the man is said to be Zaheer Hassan Mahmood, who was born in 1995 and is already 25 years old. Shortly after the attack, a photo had appeared on the internet that had raised doubts about the true age of the main suspect.
Attackers arrived via Turkey in the Schengen area
According to Le Monde, investigators are in the process of confirming the true identity as well as finding out the personal background and possible contacts of the main suspect. The man is believed to be originally from Pakistan, and entered the Schengen area via Turkey after first passing through Iran.
Terror attack planned as early as June?
At this stage, the suspect’s new surname did not appear to provide any further information about possible radicalisation. According to the police, the only thing that is certain is that Zaheer Hassan Mahmood was in fact on trial under the name Hassan Ali for carrying a prohibited weapon. He had already been caught armed with a butcher’s knife at a Paris train station in June, and not with a screwdriver, as was reported at the time. The Islamist attack took place last Friday in Paris in front of a building where the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo used to have its editorial offices. Nine suspects are now in police custody, including the main Pakistani suspect. The victims of the attack were a man and a woman who work for the production company Premieres Lignes.
The second article is from the Austrian weekly Wochenblick:
Assassination Right Next to Charlie Hebdo’s Former Office
Cartoons as a motif: Suspected Islamist confesses to a bloody act in Paris
September 26, 2020
An Islamist motive had already been rumored last Friday — and has now been confirmed. The Pakistani suspect admitted his heinous act.
It was an incident that shocked all of France. On Friday afternoon, an attack was carried out not far from the former Charlie Hebdo headquarters — Wochenblick reported. As is well known, the satire magazine was the target of a bloody attack in 2015. At that time, Islamists murdered twelve people in cold blood. Even then, the reason was that the paper — which has made fun of everyone, regardless of their attitude, for years — published offensive cartoons of the Islamic prophet Mohammed.
The Islamist did not appear on any threat lists
The trial of the men accused of the Charlie Hebdo murders is currently underway. The magazine reprinted the cartoons in solidarity with their murdered colleagues. A momentous decision, as it turned out, because a Pakistani (18) has now admitted to attacking and injured four people with a sharp blade — allegedly a machete — last Friday for this very reason.
As “justification” for his brutal act he claimed to “not tolerate” the reprinting of the cartoons, reports ORF. Although the man was known to the authorities, he did not appear in any Islamist list of dangerous persons. This explosive circumstance is therefore likely to occupy the French public for some time to come.
Interior Minister speaks of “bloody attack”
However, the French authorities had already assumed an Islamist terrorist attack before the confession. This was confirmed by the Minister of the Interior, Gérald Darmanin, on Friday evening on French television. The conservative politician described the act as another “bloody attack on our country”.
In the last five and a half years, around 300 people have died in France as a result of Islamist terrorist acts. The bloodiest of these occurred on November 13, 2015 when over 100 people were murdered in one evening. Most of the deaths at that time were among concertgoers at the Parisian club “Bataclan”.