It seems that Germany may rival London as the hotspot for knife crime. The following report describes five knife attacks that occurred in Germany on Sunday. However, if you read the second article below, you’ll see that there has recently been far more knife crime than that — an enormous wave of attacks with “pointed weapons”.
Whenever there are any indicators of ethnicity in these reports, the perpetrators turn out to be culture-enrichers.
Many thanks to MissPiggy for the translation, and to Vlad Tepes for the subtitling:
Below is the accompanying article from Bild, also translated by MissPiggy:
Bloody Night on Sunday
Five knife attacks in German cities
Although the sun was shining in a spring-like fashion all over Germany this past Sunday, the night before was bloody.
Five cities were shaken by knife attacks during the early hours on Sunday morning. In Cologne, Nuremberg, Lingen (Lower Saxony), Mülheim an der Ruhr and Frankfurt on the Main, police and residents were puzzled by what is going on in the minds of the attackers. The victims received medical care.
The worst-hit was a man in Cologne. At approximately 4.40am an argument in a shisha bar on the Hohenzollernring escalated. A man from Cologne (28) was attacked with a “pointed object” which inflicted severe life-threatening stab wounds on his upper body, according to the police.
Paramedics treated the man at the scene. His condition is now stable after an emergency operation, according to the hospital. The police cordoned off the crime scene and questioned witnesses. The assailant (26), who was temporarily arrested, and his victim were heavily drunk at the time of the crime, the police later reported.
Bewilderment in Emsland, where in the city of Lingen, a 44 year old woman was pulled off her bicycle during the night by two men and wounded with a knife.
The perpetrators “stabbed her several times on different parts of her body”, a spokeswoman for the police said. When the 44-year-old called for help, the men fled.
The woman was able to alert the rescue service herself and was taken to a clinic. She was operated on during the night. Her injuries were not life-threatening, according to the spokeswoman.
Police and the public prosecutor’s office are now investigating an attempted homicide. The motives for the attack are still unclear. The attackers are said to have appeared to be very young, possibly juveniles, and one of the perpetrators was masked, according to authorities.
A woman in Nuremberg was also the victim of a knife attack in the early hours of the morning.
The 21-year-old woman and an acquaintance (18) were walking down Fürther Straße at 5 a.m. when she was attacked and wounded by a man with a knife near the District Court House without any apparent reason.
After a brawl with the companion of the attacked woman, the unknown man managed to escape undetected. However, the young woman was able to hand in a description of the perpetrator to help the police in their search. The attacker also lost a shoe at the scene.
The police used a helicopter and police dogs to hunt for the man. On Sunday afternoon, an Iraqi (25) was arrested as alleged perpetrator. On Monday, a judge will decide whether the man will remain in custody.
Mülheim an der Ruhr
At 10.15 pm on Saturday evening in front of a shopping centre in downtown Mülheim an der Ruhr, a couple encountered a young man (20) bleeding and immediately alerted the police.
The police are now looking for five men who stabbed the victim with knives at a playground at the corner of Parallelstraße and Charlottenstraße.
The 20-year-old was released after a night in hospital. According to the police, this is how he described the crime: An acquaintance had wanted to meet him at the playground. When he arrived there, a total of five men were waiting for him. Suddenly they attacked him and later fled.
The criminal investigation department has a description of the appearance of a suspect: 1.75 meters tall, about 20 years old, short, curly hair, green quilted jacket (could have Arab migration background) — Crime tips phone number (0201 829-0).
The knife attack in Frankfurt am Main is very mysterious. The attacker called the police and asked to be arrested.
Prior to the phone call to the police, there had been a clash in Kaiserhofstraße, in which eight people were involved, according to police reports. A 22-year-old was wounded and taken to a hospital — he quickly discharged himself against the advice of the doctors. The man stated that he could not remember anything.
Soon after, a 19-year-old reported the incident to the police via an emergency call, turning himself in. He was arrested shortly afterwards. The investigation is ongoing.
This report from the Upper Austrian weekly Wochenblick (yet again translated by MissPiggy) shows that the five attacks reported by Bild are just the tip of the iceberg:
40 knife-wielding attacks in Germany in one weekend: killings, robberies, conflicts
The Wochenblick editorial team has researched the number of knife-wielding attacks that occurred in Germany on the second weekend of Advent. Since these are only cases that have appeared in police reports and local newspapers, it can be assumed that there are a large number of unreported cases. Shockingly, four deaths have also been reported — in Osnabrück, in Stuttgart, in Lörrach and in Lünen, one woman was stabbed to death. The remaining cases are a diverse mix of raids, disputes, dangerous threats and more.
Given the large number of crimes committed in just one weekend, it is a mockery that the media spread the message that “Germany has become safer year after year”. The “best Germany we have ever had” (quote: Joachim Gauck) seems to sink more and more into the most brutal knife violence every day.
In addition to the knife murders, of which the killing in Osnabrück received hardly any publicity, Germans mourn the death of the firefighter who was slain senselessly in Augsburg. It is still unclear whether the policeman who was stabbed in Munich on Monday morning will survive.
UPDATE — Originally, we reported 26 cases, including two killings. During the day, more and more reports about knife attacks from Germany were received, so that the article could be supplemented accordingly.* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Uncommented, we will then present you with the list of our research with the links to the respective original sources.
- Pforzheim: 28-year-old Syrian threatens compatriot and police with knife
- Kiel: Two North African knifemen rob 18-year-old
- Stuttgart-Obertürkheim: Two men attack and threaten a 36-year-old woman
- Hage: Supermarket cashier from Southerners threatened with knife in attack
- Wertheim: 36-year-old threatens his wife and injures police officers with knife
- Dortmund: A 27-year-old man threatens travellers at Central Station with a knife
- Bremen: Masked perpetrator raids food discounter scares and threatens employees with a knife
- Magdeburg: 26-year-old beaten by youths, threatened with knife and robbed
- Osnabrück: Murder investigation — 27-year-old stabs Syrian ex-girlfriend, leaving behind two children (KILLING)
- Wiesbaden: 18-year-old seriously injured by 18-year-old with knife in leg
- Rhineland-Palatinate: 54-year-old bus driver threatens teenage passengers with knife
- Hannover: Serious injuries after knife attack by 21-year-old
- Ulm: 25-year-old knife man threatens young girl in the city centre
- Lichtenfels: 31-year-old stabs 23-year-old in buttocks after brawl
- Bochum-Weitmar: 18-year-old robbed by four men after being held with a knife
- Cologne: Threatened and robbed with knife at mobile phone private sale
- Lünen near Dortmund: Body of stabbed woman found, 21-year-old son is suspected
- Trittau: Two young men were attacked by two men on their way home from the disco
- Willows: 36-year-old Iraqi man threatens his wife of the same age with a knife
- Ulm: Unknown man threatens young woman with knifeBad Wörishofen: Dispute between 52-year-old and 42-year-old ends with dangerous bodily injury by knife
- Sending: Police find knife and beating ring on 15-year-oldDortmund: Robbery with a knife at a petrol station
- Rostock: 39-year-old stabbed, another 39-year-old is considered the perpetrator
- Erfurt: Two men beat each other up and pull knives
- Duisburg: Mass brawl involving weapons
- Neu-Eichenberg: Drunk 21-year-old misses 15-year-old’s elbow kick and injures father with machete
- Speyer: 17-year-old and her boyfriend threatened with knife by 27-year-old ex
- Crailsheim: Drunk man threatened passers-by and police officers with knives
- Stuttgart: 77-year-old stabbed to death on open road for no reason (KILLING)
- High pieces: Couple attack each other with knives
- Bendorf: Man threatens partner with butterfly knife
- Siegen-Geisweid: Robbery at Kebob shop with knife
- Emmendingen: Migrant attacked bakery employee with knife and robbed daily income
- Bad Oldesloe: 20-year-old injures two people with knife and heavy object
- Lörrach: 38-year-old man sits dead at the front door of a 37-year-old neighbour. (KILLING)
- Marl: Attack with a knife
- Dortmund: ‘Family dispute’ escalates, men run off with knives
- Rogdau: Teenager is robbed by two young men and threatened with a knife
- Munich: Policeman stabbed in the neck from behind
|00:01||Five German cities were shaken by five knife attacks|
|00:04||in the early hours of Sunday morning this past weekend. Similar to scenes here in Nuremberg,|
|00:07||in other cities, including Cologne, Lingen in Lower Saxony, Mülheim an der Ruhr|
|00:11||and Frankfurt/Main, police were busy with knife attacks.|
|00:15||In Nuremberg, on Sunday morning at approximately 5am a 21-year-old was attacked with a knife|
|00:20||near the District Court, for no apparent reason.|
|00:23||The man used a knife to stab a woman and she was wounded.|
|00:27||She is now being treated for her injuries by doctors in a hospital. —The police investigation|
|00:31||is underway using numerous police officers. Police are combing the area|
|00:34||surrounding the crime scene. The targeted search was supported by|
|00:37||a helicopter among other measures. In the meantime, several police departments are participating|
|00:42||in the investigation to find the perpetrator.|
|00:45||At this time we have a description of the perpetrator.|
|00:49||He is approximately 1.6m-1.7 tall. (5’3″-5’7″) He is bald.|
|00:54||During the crime he wore a red sweatshirt with a hood,|
|00:59||blue jeans and grey sport shoes. —A hot lead could be the shoe left behind at the scene|
|01:04||by the perpetrator during the physical struggle at the time of the crime.|
|01:09||A man was severely injured in Cologne, after a dispute escalated|
|01:13||in a shisha bar on the Hohenzollernring at 4:30am.|
|01:17||According to police, a 28-year-old was attacked|
|01:20||with a sharp pointed object. He suffered severe puncture wounds|
|01:23||in his upper torso. His injuries were life-threatening,|
|01:27||but after an emergency operation his condition has stabilized.|
|01:31||At the time of the crime, both victim and perpetrator were excessively|
|01:34||inebriated, the police reported later.|
|01:37||The community of Emsland is stunned. In the city of Lingen|
|01:41||a 44-year-old woman was pulled off her bike by two men|
|01:44||and wounded with a knife. According to the police,|
|01:47||the perpetrators stabbed her in several different places on her body.|
|01:50||When the 44-year-old victim began screaming for help,|
|01:53||the men fled. The motive for the crime is unclear.|
|01:56||In two further attacks in the cities of Mülheim an der Ruhr|
|01:59||and Frankfurt am Main more people were wounded.