A migration like this one is never without its glitches. Here is what we have determined so far:
- The internal links are still directed to the old blog (http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/), so they don’t work here. This is most noticeable in the short news feed “stubs”, which now lead to posts readers can’t access.
- Embedded videos don’t work. I’m not sure why.
- The “Read More” tags didn’t import properly. I re-inserted them manually in the top posts, but I’m not going to bother with the rest.
- The format is screwy in some ways. Bold and italics don’t always work. The block quotes are italicized. The tables are funky. Some of these issues will be resolved when the new template gets built, but some will probably remain.
- The sidebar has not been built yet — no book ads, no blogroll, etc. That will come back gradually.
- Probably other things I have forgotten to mention.
I’ve added the donate buttons to the sidebar. They are there for a reason: we now have to pay for a domain name, site hosting, and comment spam filtering (so far). This is one of the reasons we stayed with Blogger for so long: you can’t beat the price.
We will be doing our quarterly fundraiser on schedule next month. But any help with the transition will be greatly appreciated.
I’m rewriting the program code I use to make the news feed, and will implement it tonight — we’ll see if it works.
Thanks again for all the support — the response has been nothing short of astonishing.