Egypt appears to be in the midst of a populist revolt. The news stories are coming in too thick and fast for me to gather excerpts, but here are some highlights:
- Hundreds of thousands of people are on the streets.
- Police cars have been set on fire.
- Large demonstrations are underway in Cairo, Giza, Alexandria, Suez, and other areas.
- Protesters in Cairo have chased police out of the main square.
- President Hosni Mubarak’s headquarters is on fire.
- Police are using live ammunition (not just rubber bullets) against the demonstrators.
- Some police have discarded their uniforms and joined the protesters.
- The Muslim Brotherhood has thrown its support behind Mohammed el-Baradei.
Hat tips: KGS, Henrik, Vlad Tepes, and Fjordman.