Gates of Vienna has reported many times about the phenomenon of Jamaat ul-Fuqra in the United States. You will find a partial listing of these reports at the bottom of this post.
A short version: Under the cover of its front organization known as the Muslims of America, the terrorist organization Jamaat ul-Fuqra operates — among many others — a rural compound in Red House, which is in northern Charlotte County, Virginia. The founder and leader of Jamaat ul-Fuqra is Sheikh Syed Mubarik Ali Gilani, and the residents of the Red House compound have named the muddy track that snakes through their compound “Sheikh Gilani Lane”. It is the officially-designated county name for the road, and in defiance of repeated protests by the Christian Action Network, the Board of Supervisors unanimously voted to keep the name as it is.
CAN has obtained a training video made by Sheikh Gilani that details his mission of jihad, and this is what led to an incident recently at the Red House compound. The video of the assault on the Christian Action cameraman speaks for itself:
“The Muslims of America” poses as a peaceful and beneficent religious group, no different from a Methodist prayer circle or the Knights of Columbus. But the “Soldiers of Allah” video reveals that Sheikh Gilani’s organization is something more sinister, and his disciples have every reason to be concerned about the truth leaking out.
A listing of Jamaat ul-Fuqra and MOA links is below the jump.
– – – – – – – – –
The Christian Action Network and Jamaat ul-Fuqra:
- A Report From Islamberg
- Signs of Denial in Charlotte County
- MSM Digest: Sheikh Gilani Lane
- “Gilani Lane Is Insane!”
- The Charlotte County Files
- Jamaat ul-Fuqra in Georgia — From the Air
- The Muslims of America Speak Up
- Running Scared in Red House
- A Sixth-Century Sheikh Gilani?
- Charlotte County Votes to Keep the Sheikh
- A Visit With Virgil Goode
- A Bird’s-Eye View of Jamaat ul-Fuqra
- Reining in the CAIR Treatment
- A Stroll Down Gilani Lane
- Taking Action in Lynchburg and Beyond
Other posts on Jamaat ul-Fuqra: