As you may recall, the German city of Regensburg is where local politicians proposed that ladies-only sections be established on city buses.
Well, it seems they neglected to establish ladies-only bike paths in city parks.
Many thanks to Hellequin GB for translating this article from Politikstube:
Regensburg: dark-skinned man raped 27-year-old
On Monday, November 2nd, 2020, shortly before 9pm, a 27-year-old cyclist rode through the Danube Park in the west of Regensburg. Another cyclist stopped her near the barbecue area, engaged her in a conversation, and eventually threatened her with a gun. As a result, the woman was raped. After the crime, the perpetrator fled in an unknown direction. The young woman went home, from where the police were called.
The police started a manhunt for the unknown cyclist with all available forces. The responsible specialist commissioner of the Regensburg Criminal Police Inspectorate immediately took over the investigation with the close involvement of the Regensburg public prosecutor’s office. The investigation team “West” was set up to investigate the crime.
Description of the unknown perpetrator
Police have the following description of the person:
- black hair (possibly dreadlocks)
- dark clothing
- age: early 20s to mid-30s
- 165-175 cm [5’5”-5’9”] tall
- spoke German with a foreign accent
- dark bicycle
- according to witnesses, carried a firearm
Calling for witnesses
After the investigations that were carried out in the meantime, the police have now turned to the public with an appeal for witnesses:
- Who can provide information on the act described?
- Who can give a description of the cyclist? He may have been seen in other places in or around Regensburg. He could also have been in the area of the Danube Cycle Path before the crime.
- Who else can provide relevant information?
The Regensburg criminal investigation department accepts all information around the clock on 0941 / 506-2888. Any clue can be important for the investigators!