Update: Ann Corcoran at Refugee Resettlement Watch sent me an email correcting an error I’d made in my descriptions of who does what with immigrants:
I need to explain better who Lawrence Bartlett is…
He is probably now second in command at the US State Department Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration. His job is to advance refugees into the country and he is [not anyone you or I would admire].
The other major federal agencies that work on bringing in refugees are:
(1) The Dept. of Homeland Security which screens the refugees. (2) Then in the Dept. of Health and Human Services is (3) the Office of Refugee Resettlement which doles out tons of money for myriad things relating to those refugees that are now planted around the country.
I see where the confusion is: Bartlett signed the letter as the Director, Office of Refugee Admissions (that is in the State Dept)… he is not the director of ORR over in HHS…
LOL! It is all those government acronyms!
Hope that helps… and you know frankly this is why it has taken so long for people to catch on to the scheme — — the federal program is so complicated and intertwined no one knew how to start pulling the threads!
Ann Corcoran found a document last year that outlined the plans for further immigration inroads. Begun by the State Department, these would have been implemented had Hillary won.
In an addendum to her post about Poughkeepsie’s remarkable refusal to take in “refugees”, Ann provided this list from 2016 of targets the State Department had planned to hit. What’s confusing is that the cover letter from the pdf (see below) is signed by the head of ORR, who works under the aegis of the Department of Homeland Security. It has been difficult to tease out the threads linking State and DHS, but this is certainly part of the paper trail. See her remarks after the list.
Below are new sites we have identified so far of the supposed 47 the Obama Administration is (or has been) trying to get established.
One of the first things the Trump Administration must do is to make all of this information public information. Here are some of the sites we have identified so far by just keeping an eye on local news reports:
[The status listed below is as it was at this time last year—ed]
- Asheville, NC (not decided yet)
- Rutland, VT (approved, waiting)
- Reno, NV (open)
- Ithaca, NY
- Missoula, MT (open)
- Aberdeen, SD (not now)
- Charleston, WV (approved, see Senator Capito as the Frau Merkel of WV!)
- Fayetteville, AR
- Blacksburg, VA
- Pittsfield, MA
- Northampton, MA
- Flint, MI
- Bloomington, IN (dead for now)
- Traverse City, MI
- Poughkeepsie, NY
- Wilmington, DE
- Hudson, WI (dead for now?)
- Watertown, NY (maybe)
- Youngstown, OH (maybe)
- Storm Lake, Iowa
- Santa Fe, NM (approved but on hold)
I would love to know how many we can cross off the list.
Let me know if you have definitive news on any of these locations. Of course, Poughkeepsie is dead. [“dead” to ORR, that is, since they successfully repulsed one of the main culprits in this immigration scheme —D]
To learn more about the ‘New Site Development Guide’ introduced by Lawrence Bartlett* one of the career bureaucrats who is still in control at the Bureau of Population Refugees and Migration, click here.
Heritage missed the mark! and this is one reason why:
Bartlett was a headliner at a one-sided panel discussion on USRAP reform held at the Heritage Foundation here (Is Heritage selling us out?) in September; and, thus, surely had some influence on Heritage’s “Roadmap for reform.”
I’ll wager that Heritage’s inside-the-Washington-beltway experts had no clue that controversy was swirling in cities like Poughkeepsie and surely Bartlett and his crew didn’t tell them!
* See Bartlett’s title under his signature on the cover letter of that PDF linked above. He would appear to be (still) the Director of ORR, The Office of Refugee Resettlement, yet he signs off on a State Department document. This bureaucracy, ORR, eats up billions while undermining American culture and sovereignty. By keeping Trump busy with their faux scandals and investigations, the Deep State can continue to implement these schemes.
The information in that read-it-and-weep document is valuable and revealing. I plan to print it out for my own future reference. All Americans ought to have it at their fingertips, but especially the residents of those target cities. Ironically, some of them have appeared in various on-line listings of “Best Places to Live”. Traverse City, Michigan comes to mind… we’ve had donors from there, and from some of the other places listed — e.g., Santa Fe.