Update: Egri Nök has more on the election at Vlad’s place. It seems that leftist violence in the streets has already begun, outside the AfD’s election party in Berlin and at the city hall in Leipzig.
That’s what the media and political leaders from the other major parties call the AfD — “Nazis”.
Germans voted in a general election today, and a substantial number of them departed from tradition and voted for the AfD.
According to Egri Nök, the AfD was in at least third place everywhere, and placed second in parts of eastern Germany, the former DDR. It is the worst result for the CDU/CSU Union since 1949.
The AfD has caused an earthquake in the Federal election of 2017, and they have increased their outcome by almost three times as much. The CDU (UNION) and the SPD saw the largest loss, the result of their mass immigration politics.
Here’s a list of the parties that will be seated in the Bundestag:
- CDU (Christlich Demokratische Union Deutschlands, Christian Democratic Union of Germany) , in union with the CSU (Christlich-Soziale Union in Bayern, Christian Social Union in Bavaria) — center-“right”, pro-EU
- SPD (Sozialdemokratische Partei Deutschlands, Social Democratic Party of Germany) — left-socialist, pro-EU
- Linke (Die Linke, The Left) — hard left, includes former communist party (PDS)
- Grüne (Bündnis 90/Die Grünen, Alliance 90/The Greens) — ecopolitics, pro-EU
- FDP (Freie Demokratische Partei, Free Democratic Party) — classical liberal, pro-EU
- AfD (Alternative für Deutschland, Alternative for Germany) — Euroskeptic, anti-immigration
And here’s a chart kindly compiled by Nash that compares the platforms of the various parties on major issues. As you can see, AfD is the sole dissenter on all these issues. Except for the AfD, Germany is essentially run by a Uniparty, much like Great Britain and the United States:
Nash adds: “My German and Swiss friends are having a meltdown of liberal tears.”
Egri’s response: “I knew the AfD would get between 12% and 15%, so I wasn’t amazed or surprised or anything. But the media are losing their minds, and that is marvellous. We can drink their tears now.”