Madani School is a state-funded Muslim “faith school” in Leicester, in the East-Midlands of England. According to a tweet received by Vlad Tepes, the poster shown below hangs on the walls of the main corridor of Madani School:
So… The nation that gave the world Henry Purcell, Edward Elgar, and Ralph Vaughan Williams has endowed a state-funded school that would forbid all music as evil and sinful.
Welcome to the rich, vibrant diversity of Modern Multicultural England.
Update: Vlad found a high-resolution original of the image at the Islamic Posters website.
For readers who have trouble making out the text of the poster, here is a transcript:
MUSIC | HARAAM
Listening to Music is Haraam and a Sin
Stay away from evil acts such as listening to music and encourage others to do the same too!
- Music is a tool of Shaytan (Satan)
- The playing of musical instruments and listening to them is Haraam
- According to the Law [of Islam] one who participates in music is regarded as a Fasiq (Sinful person)
- One of the harms of music is that it distracts one from his Creator.
- The messages of today’s music follow a general theme of love, drugs, and freedom
- Appearance of music and stringed instruments is a cause of Allah’s anger
- It is a tool of Shaytan (Satan) by which he attracts people to commit wrongful acts
Music is Haraam
Technical note: The above poster was displayed inside a glass case in a somewhat buckled condition. The original photo was severely foreshortened, and small portions of the three corners were missing. I straightened and restored the image as best I could, recreating both bottom corners and the top right from the available image data. All legible text was visible in the original photo.