Below is an account of the vicious and violent behavior of left-wing extremists (the local equivalent of our “Occupiers”) in Berlin. Many thanks to JLH for translating this article from Junge Freiheit:
Leftist Extremists Attack Police with Acid
BERLIN — The series of left extremist attacks on police officers in Berlin has not stopped. Suspected members of the leftist scene on Wednesday evening attacked two officers near Rigaer Strasse in Friedrichshain and sprayed them with acid. Both officers were injured in the face and on the upper body and were unable to continue on duty.
The situation had escalated after the two police officers briefly detained a 26-year-old man and a group of 15 persons took his side. During the course of the exchanges, there were threats and insults directed at the officers. Ultimately, both of them were sprayed with a caustic liquid by two women from the crowd. The perpetrators were able to escape. Security forces have begun investigations.
Police Union Mentions Terror
As recently as last weekend, hooded perpetrators threw an incendiary device into a two-person police cruiser. It was further learned that security forces found three pipe bombs near the parade route of the left-extremist “Revolutionary May First Demonstration,” during which 124 police officers were injured.
The Berlin regional head of the police union, Klaus Eisenreich, spoke of a “new quality” of violence against the police that had been observed in recent days. “We must see these incidents in context. Especially the incendiary attack on police on Sunday and the pipe bombs on May First definitely have terrorist dimensions,” Eisenreich told Junge Freiheit. But the acid attack on the crew of the radio car on Wednesday also showed the unscrupulous violence that is being directed at the police in the capital city now.
Stronghold of the Leftist Scene
Rigaer Strasse is considered the traditional stronghold of the leftist scene. Since the police there cleared out two illegally occupied houses, the new occupants have been terrorized, attacked, insulted and threatened. Just in the last year, a roof was set on fire. In recent weeks, there have been attacks from ambush on police officers by members of the leftist scene.
On a lighter note, below is an exposé of middle-of-the-road extremism in Germany. Once again, thanks to JLH for translating this piece from Politically Incorrect:
The Extremism of the Middle
(A correctly political analysis by Carsten Mabank)
We hear repeatedly about the so-called extremism of the middle. But who are these Middle Extremists really? How dangerous are they, and how do I recognize them? Middle extremism is one form of political extremism which has recently become increasingly significant. The danger emanating from them must not be underestimated, especially since its adherents are present in all levels of society. There is a proximity to rightist extremism, so its adherents are as meticulous as possible in distancing themselves from right extremism. Unlike right extremists, they are more difficult to recognize, so I will mention a few points here by which they may be identified.
- They show their dissatisfaction with established parties and tend to vote for splinter parties.
- They refer frequently to the constitution and insist that it applies to everyone.
- They distance themselves from violence and point out that violence comes from others.
- They often speak out against “every form of extremism,” continuously insist there is a danger from left extremism in Germany, and even maintain that the incidence of violent crimes by so-called left-extremists is higher than by right-extremists, which attests their closeness to the latter.
- They are often adherents of biological theories, like the ridiculous theory of inherited intelligence (see Sarrazin).
- They eschew the unrestricted war against the Right and insist on loyalty to the constitution from anti-fascists and our Muslim fellow citizens.
- They maintain there are differences between diverse cultures and value the so-called “Western culture” more highly than for example, the “Islamic culture.”
- They often speak against the European Union and demand the retention of national sovereignty or even of racist “sovereignty of the people.”
- They demand more direct democracy and insist that politicians represent the “interests of the people.”
- They are climate-change skeptics who claim that the discussion about man-made climate change is “unscientific” or “ideological.”
- They distinguish between nationalism and “healthy patriotism.”
- They show solidarity with Israel and even with Zionism, and claim that they are not anti-Semites. They frequently relativize the injuries to people and persons by the Israelis and blame the Palestinians or “Hamas” for the violence.
- They distance themselves from National Socialism, but sometimes equate it with Communism or what they all “International Socialism.”
- They often criticize Islam, speak of a “fascist ideology” and refuse to accept the fact that Islam undeniably belongs in Germany.
- They stir up fear of an alleged Islamization of Germany or Europe and often speak against an alleged “mass immigration,” especially from “non-Western cultures.”
- They resist the fact that Germany is an immigration destination. Sometimes they even doubt that Germany needs skilled foreign workers,
- They speak of a dictatorship of opinion by the MSM and claim that news is interpreted or even manipulated according to political viewpoints.
As may be seen, the border with right extremism is fluid and displays many overlaps. Does this seem familiar? Do you know such individuals in your own circle of acquaintances? Keep your eyes open and report any occurrences directly to your landlord or boss.