The party’s over
It’s time to call it a day
They’ve burst your pretty balloon and taken the moon away
Now you must wake up, all dreams must end
Take off your makeup, the party’s over…
It’s all over, my friend
It was a good run, folks. Lots of fun, lots of enthusiastic responses and donations. Your generosity will allow us to pay all our internet connection expenses for the year, and then some. At least it will if our contracts don’t increase in price. Given the trickle-down inflation that is coming, we’ll have to see. But at least we know we’re good to go for a year.
We heard from all over –
- Austria to Australia to Arizona to *Arkansas* (thanks, Charlemagne)
- the Danes, for sure, plus Norway and Sweden
- even tiny Finland, and Floridians by the score!
- the Netherlands paid a visit or two, and Germans came,.
- While Mississippi, Minnesota and New York, like
- Texans in bunches, showed up to tip the cup.
- Beleaguered Californians appeared.
- We heard from North Dakota, (but they can’t pump their oil)
- North Carolina was here, plus Georgia and the Cajuns.
- Oregon came despite the rain, and (lower) Michigan repeated.
- Ohio marched in. Why even Illinois (despite Obama) was in
- Followed by Massachusetts, bless him.
- And thanks to Pennsylvania, too.
- Plus Indiana and New Hampshire, living free…
I’m relying on memory for my list. If any of you have been overlooked, please let me know and I’ll add your state.
Oh dear, I forgot the Canadians! From Vancouver (yes, there’s a conservative hiding there) to Nova Scotia, the Canadians were a generous bunch.
But they’re so polite and unassuming, one forgets. It was only because I was planting impatiens in the garden and had to move some smooth, purplish rocks that I remembered: omg, CANADA! How could you forget??!! Those rocks were brought back from Nova Scotia to line some of the flower beds…
Sorry, Canada. My bad. I hope I didn’t forget anyone else…
**UPDATE:** I forgot France. No smart remarks, they make great wine. And cheese. And found truffles.
Here’s to Francis Porretto for his limerick about the Baron’s job prospects:
– – – – – – – – –
An unwanted elderly programmer
Was approached by a blog-trackback spammer,
Who asked him to form
An invincible worm
To strike righties’ blogs like a hammer.
But our hero demurred, saying “Virtue
“Commands I write nothing to hurt you.
“And the mite I might write
“Would erase your foul site,
“Before you quite knew what had hit you!”
And let’s not forget sweet Temoc, who left love notes to the Baron. The feeling is mutual wherever you are, dear boy.
The party may be over, but it sure was fun.
Let’s have another next year!