We all know The Day of Reckoning is coming.
The Days of Reckoning.
The Years of The Downward Spiral.
Maybe we think we won’t be around to see the mess. Or that we can use our gift of gab to talk our way out of reality. We don’t get it because we’ve never dealt with this problem before. Like Scarlett O’Hara, we’ll “think about it tomorrow”… all the while hoping that Tomorrow will not arrive on our watch. And so far our magic thinking has worked.
Government programs — and government itself — have grown until they are, as the Comptroller General of the Government Accounting Office says, “a cancer.” Spending has increased for generations. In due time, the socialist utopian thinking of the Boomers, that curséd group of entitlement addicts, will bring the social order crashing down upon their descendants — upon those descendants they didn’t abort, anyway. We could certainly use those forty million children they didn’t allow life or liberty; those kids could have helped carry this burden.
The descendants we do have are going to be stretched mighty thin to take care of the mess after the Boomers have let go the reins.
David Walker, the CG, makes an emphatic point near the end of this video: anyone who has done their homework, who knows history, and who has a grasp of the math involved knows the depth of this coming misery.
– – – – – – – – –
This is not a rightwing/leftwing problem. This is an equal opportunity moral and fiscal disaster. Our children and grandchildren will curse our profligacy, and well they should.
There aren’t many comments on this video yet. Maybe there won’t be. After all, many people don’t grasp the economy of their own lives, much less the enormous amounts of our money that government feels compelled to confiscate, calling it (as Obama does) “revenue”.
Meanwhile, individuals in the US live in debt up to their eyebrows and hope for better times by and by. As if the Lending Fairy were going to rescue them from their dumb choices.
A few of the comments:
- This is not just an Issue for America, Europe has the same problem coming up very fast, and here we are also pumping in a mostly unproductive immigrant population adding to the problems.
- Great post. Very scary too. Funny how it’s not talked about in main stream media (MSM).
- whoa, this is scary. i’m 30 now and by the time i’m able to get medicare, it will all be gone
- They [politicians? The MSM? — not clear whom he means] do get it but they don’t care because they are the ones making the money. Our government has been hijacked.
- I remember hearing this guy when he was a guest on the Jerry Doyle Show a couple weeks back. Yeah, this should be a major concern for politicians, but they’re just sweeping it under the rug. Oh! And China! Good God!!!
What the Comptroller General says is ignored by those who are in a position to inform average Americans. Instead of doing their duty, these “journalists” create scandal about public lives in order attract audiences by ramping up a kind of artificial, vicarious excitement. And readers seem to want to be distracted rather than informed.
Here’s the Government Accounting Office website. I recommend looking around. For example, they have a report entitled “Various Issues Led to the Termination of the United States-Canada Shared Border Management Pilot Project”. I didn’t stop to read it, but it does look intriguing.
Meanwhile, we’d better prepare our children…