Regular readers don’t have to be reminded about the invaluable service that MEMRI provides. We have drawn on its work here many times; it is the only consistent source of translated audio and video material from the Islamic world. MEMRI provides a unique window into how extreme and pervasive the violent ideology of jihad is in the Middle East.
MEMRI has recently launched a fund-raising drive. I just made a donation, and I recommend that anybody who watches its videos or reads its transcripts do the same.
As a reader of MEMRI, you are familiar with our continued efforts over the past decade to ‘Bridge the Language Gap Between the Middle East and the West.’ This undertaking is no longer possible.
At this critical point, we urge you to Help MEMRI continue its operations [Donate online here.]
- Over the past decade, MEMRI has accumulated the largest open archives of translations and analysis from Arabic, Farsi, Turkish, and Urdu primary sources. These archives include tens of thousands of pages of reports and over 15,000 minutes of translated TV clips from Arab and Iranian TV channels.
- MEMRI releases, on average, over 10 major reports every week, and updates its nine websites and blogs with new information on a daily basis.
- MEMRI IS THE ONLY ORGANIZATION IN THE WORLD THAT OFFERS THIS SERVICE.
Who Is Benefiting From MEMRI’s Work
– – – – – – – – –
- The U.S. Armed Forces — Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force.
- Federal departments and agencies such as the White House, the Department of Defense, the Department of State, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice, the Federal Bureau of Investigations, the Department of Treasury, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Transportation, and others.
- State and local authorities in all 50 states, on homeland security issues.
- Over 500 academic institutions throughout the world. This includes every state in the U.S. as well as 172 countries worldwide.
- And the public at large.
MEMRI Needs Your Donation Now
We are grateful to all our donors who have supported our efforts over the past decade. We ask that those who have already donated to consider responding to our urgent appeal.
WE URGE SUBSCRIBERS WHO HAVE NOT DONATED YET TO DONATE NOW.
MEMRI IS A 501(C)3 ORGANIZATION. YOUR DONATION IS TAX-DEDUCTIBLE.
DONATIONS CAN BE MADE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
|(2)||MAIL A CHECK to MEMRI: MEMRI P.O. Box 27837 Washington, D.C. 20038-7837|
|(3)||To make a large gift call 202-955-9070 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org|